Benefits of Membership
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice.
GSCSW promotes professional standards through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
Additional GSCSW membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information.
- This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
- Clinical Page journal – published twice a year.
- Jobs panel held each spring for new MSW graduates.
- Twice yearly salons, offering an informal setting to learn from seasoned clinicians.
- Mentorship groups and the availability of Low Cost supervision.
Categories of Membership:
- General Membership: General membership is defined as those holding an LCSW in Georgia
- Associate Member: Those who have an LMSW or are working toward an LCSW.
- Student Membership: Student membership shall be limited to those matriculated in a graduate program of an accredited school of social work.
- Distant Membership: Distant membership shall be limited to those who meet the requirements for General or Associate, whose residence and employment/practice are out of the Metro Atlanta area.
- Retired: Retired member.
General – LCSW (Georgia) $110.00
Associate – MSW, LMSW or Doctoral Student $60.00
Distant Member (outside Metro Atlanta) $60.00
MSW Student $20.00
Retired (Must be approved by the GSCSW Board of Directors) $20.00