COMING UP NEXT:
March 5, 2015: The Inner Life of a Therapist: Impact of Suicide on the therapist (A panel discussion)
The Inner Life of the Therapist series attempts to address issues that can arise in a therapist’s professional and personal life. We are so appreciative of the therapists in our community that graciously come together to create a panel in which they share their thoughts and experiences in hopes of enlightening and equipping the rest of us to live our professional and personal lives with grace and wisdom.
This year our panel discussion will be on the impact of client suicide on the therapist. We will be exploring the ways in which the therapist can be personally and professionally impacted when a client dies by suicide. Some of our panelists will share their personal experience with client suicide and others will share their experience working with high risk clients who engage in self-harming behaviors and or experience persistent suicidal ideation.
For more information about this event and to register click here.
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
Additional GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.