We are pleased to announce the first salon of the new year: “LCSW Licensure Q&A.”
Sunday, January 12, 2014 from 2:00-4:30PM at the home of past GSCSW President, Sara Page.
The purpose of the salon is to bring together seasoned clinicians among our membership along with members at any point along their professional journey for an informal sharing of ideas. A panel of GSCSW members will direct discussion around the topic of LCSW Licensure. Bring your questions and your curiosity! Refreshments will be served.
“A salon is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to…increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation (Wikipedia, 2012).”
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
Additional GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.