Check out the exciting professional education workshops schedule for the coming season – 2014/2015.
September 17th – Annual Town Hall with Wendi Clifton, Esq. 6:30 to 8:30pm at NASW-GA’s office in the United Way Bldg, 100 Edgewood Avenue, NE, 8th Floor MACC Training Room, Suite 830, Atlanta, GA 30303
(The United Way Bldg. is also know as the Woodruff Volunteer Service Center, located between Auburn Ave. & Edgewood Ave.) Map: http://www.atlantadowntown.com/map/100-edgewood-avenue
Parking Cost: Paid for by GSCSW! This year, they raised prices, but we got a group discount for parking, with parking validation tickets to give to those who attend. Food and drinks will be provided.
For more information click here.
Wendi Clifton, Esq., our lobbyist, will present a wrap-up of what happened in the previous legislative session, discuss what we can look forward to this next year, and ask for our input or questions. She is our voice – we encourage you to think of issues/bills from last session that Wendi can add to her list of legislation to watch. You can research legislation at the Georgia General Assembly’s website: http://www.legis.ga.gov/en-US/default.aspx
Directions and parking: After business hours, you will need to enter the Lanier parking deck, at 100 Edgewood Ave., either at:
1) The alley between the United Way and the Lanier parking deck (Lynch’s Alley entrance/exit is open 24 hrs/day), or
2) The Auburn Ave. parking entrance (open ’til 8:00pm, therefore everyone will need to exit through the alleyway parking).
*Note: The Courtland St. entrance closes after hours.
Exit the parking deck near the elevators to go outside and across the alley to the United Way Bldg., which is next to the parking deck.
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
Additional GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.