Check out the exciting professional education workshops schedule for the coming season – 2014/2015.
October 2nd: Workshop Title: “Healing Children & Families Through Theraplay” Presenter: Jamie Bray, LCSW
Jamie Bray is a social worker who has worked the majority of her career with children, adolescents and families. She has a special interest in children placed in foster care/adoptions and their resilience after placement. In addition, she is interested in clinical supervision and has trained/supervised many social work interns throughout her career. She has worked in outpatient and inpatient settings. In addition to clinical practice, she is an adjunct professor at University of Georgia School of Social Work.
Ms. Bray’s presentation will focus on providing education on the use of Theraplay® with children, adolescents and families. Participants will gain an introduction to theraplay ® assumptions, history, and theoretical underpinnings. They will also gain knowledge of how the Theraplay techniques can be applied to groups, individuals and families. Audience will also understand how the sequence of activities elicit certain goals of the interaction. For more information click here.
October 5th – SALON – Supervision: A professional Journey 2pm – 4pm
The purpose of the salon is to bring together seasoned clinicians among our membership along with members at any point along their professional journey for an informal sharing of ideas. A panel of
“A salon is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to…increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation (Wikipedia, 2012).”
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
Additional GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.