COMING UP NEXT
Join us on Thursday, March 1st : The Inner Life of A Therapist – Panel Discussion
Come learn from the wisdom of others on Thursday, March 1st, 2018, for Shedding Similar Tears: Therapists’ Journeys When Clients Present With Comparable, Concurrent Issues. Our dynamic group of Licensed Clinical Social Workers includes: Murray Dabby, Jaunita Davis, Randy Oven, Alyce Wellons, and Dr. Yudit Jung! Gather with an open and compassionate heart as these seasoned clinicians share some of their professional challenges.
The intent of this workshop is to increase compassion for ourselves and for our colleagues as we navigate the challenging journey of becoming more effective clinicians when we end up in unwanted and often unanticipated places with our clients. Our hope is that you will leave feeling validated, supported, empowered, and more deeply connected to our clinical community. This panel discussion will not be recorded.
This panel discussion seeks to helps us:
• Explore real situations therapists encounter during the treatment process
• Examine the need for increase awareness of self in the treatment setting
• Learn practical and proactive steps for moving forward
• Increase personal and clinical effectiveness when experiencing comparable, concurrent issues
April 5th: From Vulnerability to Resilience: Working with Survivors of Human Trafficking with Meredith de Saint-Albin, LCSW, Alissa Tertichny, LMSW, RYT-200 and Maja Hasic
May 11th – Spring Symposium – more information coming soon.
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.