COMING UP NEXT
February 22, 2017: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
LMSW Salon – The topic for the salon is “What I Know Now as a Clinician that I Wish I Knew Then.” The salon will be in a panel discussion format consisting of four LCSWs. There is limited seating so please RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to come to the salon. Location: 315 West Ponce De Leon Ave, 8th Floor Conference room, Decatur. There is free parking on the street after 6pm.
March 2, 2017: Best Intentions and Mishaps: Breaking the Fall from Grace
Our dynamic group of Licensed Clinical Social Workers includes: Franklin Abbott, Jim Bird, Barbara Emmanuel, Phyllis Glass, Rita Mathis and Brenda Romanchik! Gather with an open and compassionate heart as these seasoned clinicians share some of their professional mishaps. The intent of this workshop is to increase compassion for ourselves and our colleagues as we navigate the challenging journey of becoming more effective clinicians. The objectives include offering guidance and practical suggestions for moving forward when we end up in unwanted and often unanticipated places with our clients. To show respect for the time and courage given to us by our panelists, Meredith de Saint-Albin and I will be sharing one of our own mishaps. Our hope is that you will leave feeling validated, supported, empowered, and more deeply connected to our clinical community. This panel discussion will not be recorded.
April 6, 2017: All The Feels: What We Can Learn From Transference And Counter transference in Modern Practice, presented by Liza Gellerstedt, LCSW
May 12, 2017 – Joint Spring Conference with NASW-GA – More info coming soon.
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.