COMING UP NEXT
April 6, 2017: Building Resiliency in Children of Domestic Violence. Dr. Linda Olson, a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Dr. Olson will be presenting on Children of Domestic Violence. She is a Psychologist and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in private practice in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the Founder and Chapter Chair for Georgia Childhood Domestic Violence (CDV) Association. As a survivor of domestic violence and a clinician specializing in CDV, she will be sharing her knowledge on this topic with us. Some workshop objectives include: 1) increasing our awareness of domestic violence; 2) Understanding the special clinical needs of CDV survivors; and, 3) Learning effective treatment approaches for this population. For more information click here.
April 20, 2017 – 7pm – 9pm – Jobs Panel
The Mentorship and LMSW committee are joining together to host a jobs panel for social workers. This panel would most benefit recent MSW graduates. The jobs panel will feature social workers from a variety of agency settings including community mental health, hospital, school, and the Veteran’s Association. The jobs panel will be held at Hillside Hospital. Doors will be open at 6:30pm. Dinner will be provided. For more information click here.
May 12, 2017 – Joint Spring Symposium with Kennesaw State University – More info coming soon.
The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work
Established in 1980, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers is a state-wide organization of professional social workers dedicated to the advancement of clinical social work practice. The GSCSW Promotes Professional Standards Through:
- Legislative lobbying and advocacy on a state level.
- Presenting symposia, lectures, panels and workshops that enhance the clinical skills of its members.
- Providing an Ethics Committee, which has defined a code of professional ethics and procedures for administering the code.
GSCSW Membership benefits include:
- Use of GSCSW group email to promote exchange of professional information. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as private practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- CEU’s for GSCSW events at no cost to members.
- Opportunity to join professional study groups.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership online? You can now join, renew or edit your membership online and make sure all your information is up-to-date. Just login to the site and then click on Membership Renewal, or to join click here.